Return Policy Always Available
Choosing the Right Sports Bras
No matter your bust size, the best women’s sports bra is essential for your training and activities. It is important to learn how to find a bra that fits you comfortably and securely. To get the most out of your workouts, comfort is of essence, and the key to comfort is purchasing the right sports bra.
Consider the following pro tips when choosing a pair of sports bra.
Pick Bras that Give Support
When shopping for sports bras you will find three ranges support: low, medium and high. The support you need will depend on the activity you are doing and your cup size.
- Low-support sports Bras- These types of bras provide the lightest level of support. Usually, these bras are good for low impact activities such as yoga, stretching, Pilates or Barre. Women with A or B cups may be able to perform more intense activities in a low-support sports bra without discomfort.
Medium-Support Sports Bras – Women with larger busts may choose to wear a medium support bra even for low impact activities such as yoga. However, those with C or D cup sizes can usually use a medium-support bra for activities like light gym training, jogging and cycling that are available through online swimmer women’s outfit stores. A and B cup sizes may be able to use medium support bras for even high-impact activities.
High-Support Sports Bras – These are the best supportive sports bra available for high impact activities, especially for those with large busts. High-support bras are common in workouts and sports that involve running, cross-training and dance.
Perform a Three Step Dressing Room Experiment
This is a three-step test that is meant to find out the best sports bras.
- Straps: Hold the top of one strap and the center of the corresponding cup, then pull. Whether they are adjustable or not, the less stretchy the front straps, the more motion control they’ll provide.
- Cups: repeat a similar stretch test by tugging the top and bottom of each cup. The less give, the more motion control. Then put on the bra. Whether it is compression or an encapsulation style, the cup should hold the whole breast without spillage. If it doesn’t, choose the next larger cup size.
- Band and Size Panels: slide a finger under the band between your breasts; you should not be able to pull it more than an inch from your chest- for an adjustable band style, set the clasp on the first eyelet; if you have to use the last eyelet to get a snug fit, you better pick a smaller band. Next, reach your arms overhead. In case the band creeps up, then it is too big. In both cases, pick a smaller size.
Go into Detail
Everyone has different preferences when it comes to bra material and style. Consider the following sports bra features to look out for.
Moisture-wicking Technology: this type of bras is available via sports bra online stores. This garment technology employs synthetic microfibers to help lift sweat from your skin and transfer it to the surface of your garment. This helps you to stay dry and fresh during intense exercise.
- Seamless Design: in order to extend the life of sports bras, many have seamless design or incorporate flat seaming. This stitch type can be strong and is designed to prevent tear and wear on areas that are usually stretched during movement.
- Ventilation: Many bras have a mesh paneling or cutout detailing on the side. This allows for natural air flow as you train.
Padding: padding and removable cups act as built-in modesty tools or aesthetic tools. Padding and removable cups can provide additional layers of material to ensure you look decent. When shopping for gym fitness accessories online, it is wise to pay attention to the above tips especially when choosing sports bras.